Software Version: v3.05 & v4.00 (SPXCAN only)
Release Date: August 2012
Effected Products: SPX5, SPX10, SPX30, SPXSOL, SPXCAN
Downloading the Software
1 - Select the software update below depending on which Multifunction Display you will be using to perform the Remote Update
Version 3.05 (SPX5, SPX10, SPX30, SPXSOL)
2 - Visit our dedicated instruction page for step by step instructions on how to update your remote product. The page is separated so you can easily print the page
Changes in this update
- Improved Compass Linearisation process:
- Compass Linearisation is completed after two turns even if the message “Too Fast” or “Slow Down” is displayed.
- Joystick operational fault corrected. (Previous software required Joystick to be connected via a ST1 to NG Converter):
- Joystick now operates correctly connected directly to the Seatalk1 bus.
- Compass heading now does not display if fluxgate has an error or is not connected.
Version 3.00 Features
Pilot Data Tunnelling:
- Alarm management has been enhanced and adds two new Alarms to inform the helmsman if the Pilot has erroneously dropped into Standby from any of the engaged modes. (E.g. Auto, Track, Vane, Pattern).
- Autopilot Controllers and Pilot enabled MFD's connected on Seatalk 1 will alarm and display the following:
- "PILOT RESET" - Autopilot resets due to an external event. (User presses Sleep switch, disables power or a faulty installation / wiring causing Course Computer to power cycle).
- "PILOT S RESET" - Autopilot soft resets due to Pilot system internal error causing processor to reset.
- Autopilot Controllers and Pilot enabled MFD's connected on Seatalk NG will alarm and display the following:
- "DRIVE STOPPED" - Autopilot resets due to an external event. (User presses Sleep switch, disables power or a faulty installation / wiring causing Course Computer to power cycle).
- "DRIVE STOPPED" - Autopilot soft resets due to Pilot system internal error causing processor to reset.
- All Seatalk 1 Pilot commands and calibration data now tunnelled via the Seatalk to Seatalk NG Converter and decoded from Seatalk NG by the SPX Course Computer. This will now allow Seatalk 1 Controllers such as the ST6/7/8002 and the SmartController to be connected via the Converter to the Seatalk NG Backbone. (See example diagrams 2 below).
- Compatibility Note:
- The Seatalk to NG Converter software must be at level (v1.10) to function correctly. (TU454)
- Installation Note:
- The new SPX software will now detect a Pilot data loop and alarm "Seatalk Fail". Therefore avoid connecting both Seatalk Pilot Controllers via the Converter and Seatalk directly to the Course Computer.