Software Update Information and Instructions for CP and RVX Fishfinder and Sonar Modules
This FAQ relates to the following products:
The Quantum, CP100, CP200, CP370, CP470 & CP570 can be upgraded via any of the following Multifunction Displays (MFD):
- eS Series
- gS Series
Populating a Flash Memory Card (mSD) with the Software Files
Note: microSD memory cards used with a/c/e/eS/gS Series MFDs should have a memory capacity of no less than 512MB and no more than 32GB.
Note: To avoid potentially corrupting the data on your Navionics chart card, DO NOT copy software update files to your Navionics chart card and DO NOT back up waypoint/route/track data to your Navionics chart card. MicroSD cards are commonly available in most stores selling consumer electronics products. Waypoint, route, track data, and system configuration data can be stored on a microSD memory card which also contains software update files.
- Insert a compatible Flash memory card into the computer's memory card reader or into a memory card reader which has been interfaced to the computer.
- Select the appropriate software download for your product
- Upon completion of the download, click on the folder where the downloaded files have been saved to open it
- If the download file is a .ZIP file, extract the contents of the .ZIP file.
- Copy all new downloaded files to the Root of the Flash card (Root is the first level you access when selecting the Flash).
- If the Download is an ISO file, do not try to open the file, instead just copy the whole ISO file over to the mSD card.
- Make sure the files are not in any folders on the card (See video below for examples. Files will vary depending on update)
For example, if your computer has assigned Removable Disk (E:) to your memory card reader/writer, then the software update files should be copied directly to Removable Disk (E:), not to any folders created on the memory card.
Note: Only open a ZIP file that has been downloaded. You cannot open the files contained in the ZIP file, these have extensions such as .dob .pkg .sh .sh.sig with various file names. If you attempt to open these files you will see an error as they are designed to update your Raymarine products and not for use in a Windows, Apple or Linux PC.
- Remove the memory card from the computer's memory card reader.
Upgrading the Quantum, CP100, CP200, CP370, CP470, CP570 Software
The Radar, SONAR module software is now part of the latest a, c, e, eS, gS Series Multifunction Display (MFD) software download. It contains the following peripherals:
- Adaptors - ST1-STng Converter, ECI-100, iTC-5
- Fishfinders - CP100, CP200, CP370, CP470, CP570
- Instruments - i50, i60, i70, iTC-5, p70
- Pilots - Evolution ACU, Evolution CCU, p70
- Radar - Quantum
Once the Master MFD has updated, any connected MFD or peripheral will be updated as well.
If you have performed the MFD update recently you may not need to perform this update. Please check if you require the update
- Ensure your MFD is already running the latest LightHouse Software Release
[Homescreen] > Setup > Maintenance> Diagnostics > Select Device
You will see all connected devices and relevant software versions. Please make sure the MFD and SONAR Module are running the latest software, if not please see here;
- Start with both the Quantum/SONAR module and the MFD powered on and connected together.
- Insert the populated mSD card as outlined in the above section (Populating a Flash Memory Card (mSD) with the Quantum/SONAR module software.
- The MFD will automatically detect the files on the uSD card (once you have acknowledged the Limitations of Use screen) and will display a message on screen asking if you want to upgrade your remote devices. This could be a CP100, RMK-9 or other MFDs requiring software on the network - If you are not presented with a pop-up box within a short period of time, then enter the following menu:
- From the Home Screen, press Set-Up > Maintenance > Check Card for updates
- Follow the on screen instructions until you are presented with a table of connected products
- Ensure that the product/s you wish to upgrade are ticked (i.e. the CP100 needs to be ticked)
- Click on the Install now button located in the bottom right of the screen
- MFD will show update % progress and eventually “Update Complete” for the product/s.
- Once all products have completed, remove the mSD Card from the MFD and power cycle the system.
- It’s recommended you check that any calibration is re-entered (i.e. Depth offset/Radar offset)and that the correct Transducer is selected (CP370 only)
- Finally, please verify that all software is now up to date by going to the "Checking the software versions" section below.
Checking the software versions via the MASTER MFD
The MFD's and peripherals software version may be verified via the command sequence:
[Homescreen] > Setup > Maintenance > Diagnostics > Select Device
If you have issues performing the software update please contact your local Raymarine agent who will be able to assist.